LAUNCHXL-F28027F popularly known as “C2000 Piccolo Launch pad Dev Kit” is the next generation and easy to use development board for evaluation and development purposes for the TI’s InstaSPIN™-FOC enabled piccolo F2802x series MCU.
TI introduces the new technology solution for the quick and smart sensorless motor control solution in the name of InstaSPIN™-FOC (field-oriented-control) technology which enables designers with limited experience in motor control will help them to identify, tune and fully control any type of three-phase, variable speed, sensorless, synchronous or asynchronous motor control system in matter of seconds.
This new technology is supported with TI’s new software solution for monitoring the motor characteristics, thanks to its software algorithm, FAST™ (flux, angle, speed and torque), embedded in the read-only-memory (ROM) of Piccolo devices. This new revolution in TI’s launch pad development board thus eliminates the need for a mechanical motor rotor sensor to reduce system costs and improve operation using TI's new software encoder (sensorless observer).
The Launch pad kit is perfect solution for developing projects or prototypes in low cost profile but standardized in manner for meeting the current competitive demands of the embedded technology solutions. To ease the developing solution, the device has all the state of the art hardware and software solution onboard. The board finds easy and approachable solution for all kind of embedded solutions with the support of numerous Plug-on Booster Packs.
The device has 60 MHz C28x CPU , with the support of 64KB Flash memory, 8 PWM Channels, 12-bit ADC, capture interface, UART, SPI interface are the hardware solutions to work with.
· USB connected isolated XDS100 JTAG debug probe for real-time debug and flash programming
· 2x 20-pin headers/connectors with access to all device pins
· Programmable buttons and LEDs
· TMS320F28027F: 60 MHz C28x CPU, 64 KB Flash, InstaSPIN-FOC enabled, 8 PWM Channels, 12-bit ADC, capture interface, UART, SPI and more
· Free download of Code Composer Studio IDE
· Free download of MotorWare for InstaSPIN-FOC example projects
· Free download of controlSUITE for device drivers and example projects
· MathWorks Embedded Target Support
· TI BoosterPack Checker for an interactive list of compatible BoosterPacks