The MPR121 chip can handle up to 12 individual touch pads. The MPR121 has support for only I2C, which can be implemented with nearly any microcontroller. You can select one of 4 addresses with the ADDR pin, for a total of 48 capacitive touch pads on one I2C 2-wire bus. Using this chip is a lot easier than doing the capacitive sensing with analog inputs: it handles all the filtering for you and can be configured for more/less sensitivity.
- 12-channel capacitive touch sensor breakout board, starring the MPR121
- Can handle up to 12 individual touch pads
- MPR121 has support for only I2C
- A 3V regulator and I2C level shifting
- An LED onto the IRQ line so it will blink when touches are detected
- Dimensions: 33mm x 19mm x 2mm / 1.3" x .8" x .1"
- Weight: 2.2g
- Uses I2C 7-bit address 0x5A (can be set to 0x5B, 0x5C or 0x5D)
All the products supplied by Evelta are genuine and original. We offer 14 days replacement warranty in case of manufacturing defects. For more details, please visit our cancellation and returns page.