Industry standard 8051-compatible processor core, FT51A module is a complete solution for distributed computing task over USB. The module is fully featured with acquisition and control application task. This is possible through the enhanced IO bridging to 8Bit MCU technology.
Other IO’s include UART, SPI, I2C, ADC and PWM ideal for data acquisition and control applications supported with 16kBytes internal program flash and 8kByte data RAM to store and run applications. The hardware’s DIL pin headers give access to IO such as UART, SPI, I2C, ADC and PWM with integrated type A USB plug and socket connections.
· PCB assembly module is designed to fit a standard 15.24mm (0.6") wide 40-pin DIP socket
· Pins are on a 2.54mm (0.1") pitch
· This module is a drop in replacement for an 8051 microcontroller
· An on board USB type A socket and plug allow modules to be connected to a PC via a standard A extension cable or directly
· This module is also capable of cascading several modules by utilizing the USB hub feature
· Debugger interface header used for debugging and programming the FT51AQ
· Designed for operation with the FTPD-1 programmer / debugger module
· See the FTPD-1 datasheet for details about this module
· Onboard jumper for configuring the FT51AA to be in self powered or USB powered modes