This breakout board integrates Quectel’s L86 an ultra-compact GNSS module that integrates a 18.4x18.4x4.0mm patch antenna along with an external antenna connector. It uses MediaTek’s new generation GNSS MT3333 chip. The board operates on 3.3V power supply and communicates with the target MCU through UART interface TX, RX, FON, and RESET pins. A V_BACK connection pin for a backup power supply is also available.
Through advanced AGPS (EASY) orbit prediction technology and power saving mode (AlwaysLocate technology), the L86 module achieves high performance and fully meets industry standards. EASY technology enables L86 to automatically calculate and predict orbit information for up to three days, and store this information in the internal RAM memory, which can achieve low-power fast positioning even under weak indoor signals. The use of AlwaysLocate technology enables the L86 to automatically adjust the positioning time according to different environmental conditions and operating modes, which greatly reduces the power consumption of the module while ensuring positioning accuracy.
L86 supports the intelligent detection of antenna plug-in and short-circuit protection. It also supports automatic switching between the built-in patch antenna and the external active antenna, and the positioning is continued during the switching process.
It is especially suitable for automotive, personal tracking, industrial-grade PDA and GPS receivers and OBD applications.
- The board uses a 3.3V power supply only
- UART communication interface
- Support multiple satellite systems: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS
- Internal patch antenna: 18.4mm x 18.4mm x 4.0mm
- Support internal and external antenna automatic switching
- Support short circuit protection and antenna detection
- Built-in low-noise amplifier to improve receiving high sensitivity
- Support self-assisted AGPS (EASY TM technology, no external memory required)
- Very low current consumption: 26mA @tracking mode
- Multiple power saving modes: standby Mode, Backup Mode, Periodic Mode, AlwaysLocate Mode
- LOCUS technology, support automatic log information recording and storage
- High sensitivity: -167dBm@tracking mode, -149dBm@acquisition mode
- Number of channels: 99 capture channels, 33 tracking channels
- Support Balloon mode, positioning altitude up to 80km
- Support DGPS, SBAS (WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN)
- Multi-frequency active interference cancellation technology to enhance anti-interference ability
- Time service supports PPS and NMEA synchronization function
- Support the SDK commands independently developed by Quectel
- EVE L86 GNSS Breakout Manual
- Quectel L86 GNSS Specification
- Quectel L86 Hardware Design
- Quectel Android GNSS Driver User Guide
- Quectel GNSS DGPS RTCM Test Guide
- Quectel GNSS FOTA User Guide
- Quectel GNSS Patch Antenna Module Design Guide
- Quectel GNSS SDK Commands Manual
All the products supplied by Evelta are genuine and original. We offer 14 days replacement warranty in case of manufacturing defects. For more details, please visit our cancellation and returns page.