The LTC2944 measures battery charge state, battery voltage, battery current and its own temperature in portable product applications. The wide input voltage range allows use with multicell batteries up to 60V. A precision coulomb counter integrates current through a sense resistor between the battery’s positive terminal and the load or charger. The LTC2944 features programmable high and low thresholds for all four measured quantities. If a programmed threshold is exceeded, the device communicates an alert using either the SMBus alert protocol or by setting a flag in the internal status register. The LTC2944 requires only a single low value sense resistor to set the measured current range.
The measurements are stored in internal registers accessible via the on-board I2C/SMBus Interface.
- Measures Accumulated Battery Charge and Discharge
- 3.6V to 60V Operating Range for Multiple Cells
- 14-Bit ADC Measures Voltage, Current and Temperature
- 1% Voltage, Current and Charge Accuracy
- +-50mV Sense Voltage Range
- High Side Sense
- I2C Interface/SMBus Interface
- General Purpose Measurements for Any Battery Chemistry and Capacity
- Configurable Alert Output/Charge Complete Input
- Quiescent Current Less Than 150uA
- Small 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN Package
All the products supplied by Evelta are genuine and original. We offer 14 days replacement warranty in case of manufacturing defects. For more details, please visit our cancellation and returns page.