The USB Blaster Download Cable interfaces a USB port on a host computer to an Altera® FPGA mounted on a printed circuit board. The cable sends configuration data from the PC to a standard 10-pin header connected to the FPGA. You can use the USB Blaster cable to iteratively download configuration data to a system during prototyping or to program data into the system during production.
It surpports the ALTERA total series FPGA/CPLD devices, Active Serial Configuration Devices, Enhanced Configuration Devices, and supports AS, PS, JTAG three download modes.
- Supports ALTERA total series FPGA/CPLD devices.
- Supports ALTERA total series Active Serial Configuration Devices.
- Supports ALTERA total series Enhanced Configuration Devices.
- Supports AS, PS, JTAG three download modes.
- High-speed, stable, and internal FT245R+CPLD designed.
- Supports 1.2-5V programming voltage.
- Supports SignalTap II embedded logic analyzer.
- Supports Nios II of embedded processor communication and debugging.
- Supported Softwares
- Quartus II integrated development environment.
- NIOS II IDE integrated development environment.
- NIOS II EDS integrated development environment.
- Supported Devices
- CPLD: MAX3000, MAX7000A/B/S, MAX9000 and MAX II etc.
- FPGA: Stratix, Stratix II, Cyclone, Cyclone II, CycloneIII, ACEX 1K, APEX 20K and FLEX 10K etc.
- Active Serial Configuration Devices including: EPCS1, EPCS4, EPCS16 etc.
- Enhanced Configuration Devices including: EPC1, EPC4 etc.
- Other Features
- High download speed: FT245+CPLD+244, close to the original ALTERA USB Blaster.
- Download speed 1-3 times faster than other schemes, such as 68013 or C8051F.
- Connects to PC
- Computer connection via USB 2.0 interface.
- Connects to target board
Target board connection via JTAG, AS, PS interfaces. The figure 1, 2,and 3 below shows the header pinouts of different interfaces.
- Red LED: Power indicator
- Green LED: Signal indicator, the LED is on while downloading/programming
Development resources:user manual, software, etc.